Associate Professor, Keck School of Medicine
University of Southern California, USA
• Overseas Chinese Association for Vision and Eye Research, 2007-present
• Committee member of Society for Ocular Pigment Cell Research, USA, 2002-present
• The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO), 1991- present
• Member of epigenetic research society(USA), 2012- present
• Editorial Board Member, Chinese Ophthalmic Research, 1996-1998
• Associate Editor-in Chief, Chinese Ophthalmic Research, 1998-2010
• Overseer’s Editorial Board Member, Chinese journal of experimental opththamology,2011-2012
• Editorial Board Member, Chinese Journal of Ophthalmology, 2002-2013
• Associate Editorial Board Member, International journal of Biomedical Science, 2007-2012
• Editorial Board Member, Chinese Journal of Optometry, Ophthalmology and Visual Science, 2010-present
• Editorial Board Member, Austin Journal of Clinical Pathology
• Pigment Cell Research
• Ophthalmic Research
• International journal of Biomedical Science
• Journal of biomedical material research
• Experiment Eye Research
• Molecular Vision
• FEBS journal
• FEBS Letters
• Chinese Journal of experimental research
• Open journal of Ophthalmology
• PLoS ONE
Honors and Awards
• Outstanding achievement award in ophthalmology and vision science for overseas Chinese. Hong Kong, China, 2008
• Visiting Professor of Ophthalmology, Southwest Eye Hospital, Chongqing Institute of Retina, China.
• Honorary Professor of Ophthalmology, Tianjin Medical University, China.
• Honorary Professor of Ophthalmology, The fourth Military Medical University, China.
• Honorary Professor of Ophthalmology, Beijing University, China.
• Honorary Professor of Ophthalmology, Henan Institute of Ophthalmology.
My research interests are focused on the roles of the retinal pigment epithelial (RPE) cell in the development of choroidal neovascularization(CNV) in age related macular degeneration and proliferative vitreoretinopathy (PVR). In particular I am interested in the roles of growth factors and cytokines produced by RPE and its regulation by epigenetic factors in pathogenesis of CNV and PVR by using molecular biology techniques and animal studies.