Reda F Elgazzar
Associate Professor, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
University of Manitoba, Canada
Dr. Reda F. Elgazzar joined academia in 1991and worked previously in Egypt, Scotland and Saudi Arabia. He is in favor of transitional research and believe in interdisciplinary collaboration. He has published and presented several articles locally and internationally. He lean toward collaboration with other medical disciplines and bioengineering. Besides research, He is teaching & supervising undergraduate and graduate students and providing patient services at dental school and other Winnipeg hospitals including health sciences centre.
His research area of interest include
1) Enhancing tissue regeneration: using different biological and physical factors, e.g.: PRP and therapeutic ultrasonics for different clinical conditions: as in accelerating distraction osteogenesis, neuroanastomosis and nerve regeneration as well as in generation of TMJ condoyle from bone marrow stem cells.
2) Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders: e.g. ankylosis, TMD
3) Simulation as a tool for preoperative planning and patient & student education.
4) Craniofacial trauma.
5) Dentoalveolar: “Role of PRP in management of socket bleeding in warfarinized patients”.
6) Effect of He-Ne laser on the healing of extraction socket in diabetic patients (MSc).
7) Early detection of oral cancer (angiogenesis, cytokeratins, Apoptosis) (PhD).