Esra Kupeli Akkol
Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacognosy
Gazi University, Turkey
Prof.Dr. Esra AKKOL was born in Turkey. She got her Bachelor of Science degree in Faculty of Pharmacy, Gazi University, Turkey and got her Ph.D. degree in Pharmacognosy Department from the University of Gazi. She is currently Associate Professor in the Gazi University, Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacognosy. She served in many capacities in her field including service on several editorial boards and numerous review committees for journals such as Journal of Ethnopharmacology, Journal of Pharmacy Sciences, The Internet Journal of Herbal and Plant Medicine, International Journal of Genuine Traditional Medicine, Advances in Pharmacological Sciences, Evidence Based Complementary Alternative Medicine and The Open Pain Journal. She has conducted 36 projects and 9 thesis in Gazi University. She has 143 published articles in SCI International Journals, 11 articles in National Journals and 9 chapters in International books.
Her research combines pharmacognosy and pharmacological approaches to focus on
• Bioassay guided isolation of active constituents - Phytochemistry and Analytical Pharmacognosy.
• Anti-inflammatory, antinociceptive, anti-rheumatic activities of folk remedies and synthesized compounds.
• Wound healing assessment of medicinal plants and their secondary metabolites.
• Isolation of the natural compounds from the medicinal plants used against gynecological disorders.
• Anti-carcinogenic assessment of medicinal plants and their secondary metabolites.